Job Closing: Oct 2, 2019
Job Code: 43-3061
Salary Range: $30,014.40 to 46,030.40 ($14.43 to 22.13)
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Assistant is responsible to assist in all aspects of the procurement process of goods, equipment and services for the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal programs. In addition to the guidelines of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe policies and procedures, internal controls and objective by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Generate final approved e-requisitions to purchase orders via Abila MIP
- Final approves purchases in various vendor business accounts if in compliance with procurement policy and Federal OMB guidelines
- Answers questions and resolves issues with programs regarding purchase orders
- Complete vendor credit applications and EPLS checks on vendors as necessary
- Utilization of Tribal oneCard while abiding by the applicable policies
- Researches purchases for cost-effectiveness as needed
- Assists in bidding process. Preparation of Request for Quotes (RFQs) and Invitation for Bids (IFBs)
- Create and maintain files, such as vendors’ catalogs, price lists, and specifications for program use
- Perform general office duties such as scanning, filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence
- Upload and index scanned documents using OnBase.
- Backup for the Finance Reception Area (enter cash receipts into MIP)
- Assist in managing and maintaining travel vehicles
- Assist Procurement Clerk as needed
- Assist in conducting an annual physical inventory of fixed assets
- Must maintain timelines and adhere to all deadlines
- In absence of the Procurement Clerk or Procurement Specialist, assist and complete tasks as needed
- Enforce our departmental goals which are aligned with the SRMT Strategic Plan
- Promote the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe in a positive manner
- Other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information candidate must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Two-year degree or certificate from a College or University in Business Administration or related field and one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of related education and experience. Procurement experience is an asset but not required. Consideration will be given to an equivalent, relevant combination of education/experience in Procurement. Knowledge regarding the OMB Super Circular is an asset but not required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to meet deadlines in a tight timeframe. Abila MIP Fund Accounting training is an asset but not required. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.