Publications Manager / Webmaster
Job Closing: Jan 22, 2020
Division: Communications Department
Job Code: 27- 3031
Salary Range: $29,432.00 to 56,180.80 ($14.15 to 27.01)
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
Summary: Assists the Director of Communications with enhancing and promoting a positive perception of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe by assisting in the production of publications and informational and advertising materials and managing the tribal website to effectively inform and reach out to community members, the media, and the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with researching, drafting, and editing of releases, public statements, remarks, presentations, tribal program information, reports, articles, newsletter and website materials.
- Manages material for tribal newsletter, including layout and design, oversees production and production schedule of newsletter; works with printer.
- Assists in identifying and compiling relevant material for the production of informational materials and designs and produces informational kits, brochures, and other material to be distributed at public meetings, conferences, community events, community mailings, and for the media.
- Assists with the coordination and preparation of community relations projects, programs, and events as assigned.
- Assists with coordinating special events, conferences, press conferences, and tribal meetings.
- Manages website and web content, providing routine updates of information and material, and develops future pages and online initiatives, including graphic elements in various formats.
- Maintains integrity and security of website.
- Represents the Communications Department in the absence of the director.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises Communications Department staff in the absence of the Director.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and ability to work well in fast-paced environment, often under tight timelines and rolling deadlines.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience, demonstrating competency and capabilities as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be self-motivated, possess strong organizational and writing skills, computer skills, knowledge and experience with software programs such as Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher. Must have experience with publications and production, layout and design experience, experience with content management systems for web, editing skills, and be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required, able to work in a team-based setting.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of daily situations.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.