Job Closing: Oct 26, 2018
Division: Economic Development, Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
Job Code: 43-4171
Salary Range: $23,878.40 o $33,488.00
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Receptionist will greet and assist all visitors and clients to the AERC Office in a courteous, professional and helpful manner. Responsible for the admission and registration of incoming clients. Position includes basic office duties such as filing, maintain daily log of staff, scheduling, and compile list of supplies needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Answer phones in timely manner while practicing phone etiquette.
- Assist visitors who may require directions or information about our programs.
- Schedule new client appointments and explaining new client policies in a clear and professional manner.
- Greet, welcome, and ensure safety to all individuals as they enter the facility.
- Responsible for tracking and updating intake documents.
- Process all incoming intakes – gathering additional information as needed.
- Do walk-in intakes as needed - Administrative Assist AERC personnel when walks ins occur.
- Must have working knowledge of all SRMT services, staff, and community resources.
- Orient client about Akwesasne Employment Resource Center services available.
- Responsible for keeping records of internal referrals and transfers.
- Attend staff meetings, professional meetings, conferences, training, workshops to maintain and improve professional competence, as well as meetings with other programs that service our target population.
- Observe clients to determine qualifications, limitations, abilities, interests, and other individual characteristics.
- Identify ways to increase awareness about the AERC services, programs and opportunities available to clients.
- Keep daily log of clients served, attendance, and progress reports for each client.
- Maintains accurate and current client files.
- Provide clerical support to staff when requested and complete work in a timely manner.
- Accept and sign for incoming deliveries and ensure deliveries are sent to the appropriate department.
- Maintain general knowledge of all departments within the Tribal organization to help in answering questions from visitors, or other staff.
- Take messages and ensure appropriate personnel receive their messages.
- Maintain a master schedule of staff whereabouts; assist with scheduling.
- Practice principles of teamwork and cooperation.
- Write professional emails on behalf of clients and internal correspondence.
- Perform online searches to gather relevant employment, training, and educational materials.
- Assist clients with navigating through online applications, web browsers, and computer programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: no supervisory requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- College degree an asset
- Mohawk Language an asset
- Basic knowledge of AERC program and operations
- Knowledge of the various services offered by each category
- Knowledge of Mohawk people of Akwesasne and community
- General knowledge of computers (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Basic business office procedures
- Keyboarding skills
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills in English. High ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.