Job Closing: Jan 22, 2020
Division: Executive Director's Office
Job Code: 43-4171
Salary Range: $25,334.40 to 33,488.00 ($12.18 to 1610)
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
The primary role of the Receptionist is to receive and relay incoming calls. Greet visitors and determine the nature of their business and direct to appropriate offices.
Duties include the following:
- Answer telephone calls and disseminate to appropriate staff.
- Greet visitors with tact and courtesy and provide guidance to appropriate programs.
- Be aware of all program directors, extensions and names. Maintain telephone directory for Tribal Community building, updating and distributing monthly.
- Take messages for program staff when unavailable and ensure timely delivery of messages.
- Report all malfunctions of the telephone system to the appropriate service repair.
- Provide clerical duties for Tribal programs which will include, but not limited to word processing, sorting paperwork and receiving/distributing applications and paychecks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Mohawk language is not required but
understanding/speaking is an asset. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
One-year certificate from college or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent experience and training.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.