Open Until Filled
Job Code: 29-1141
Location: A/CDP Partridge House
Department: SRMH Partridge House
Reports To: Inpatient Coordinator
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Clinical Treatment Team that guides the overall care and support of our clients at the Partridge House. The RN is responsible for the nursing care of clients which includes completing medical assessments, administration of medications, communicating with physicians, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare team members and referral to medical aftercare services to ensure the highest quality client care. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the provision of health lectures, transporting clients to medical appointments, and medical triage on weekends and after business hours (on-call). This position requires a valid NYS Registered Professional Nurse Licensure, in good standing. Certification in addiction nursing (i.e., CARN) or addiction counseling (i.e., CASAC) is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as a member of the Partridge House Inpatient Program Clinical Treatment team.
- Reviews medical histories, medication lists, and lab work to determine the appropriateness for Inpatient Treatment at the Partridge House.
- Provides medical consultation on all prospective referrals with the Inpatient Coordinator and/or Clinical Director to ensure appropriate Level of Care determination, prior to admission.
- Performs initial Medical Assessments and documents appropriately.
- Coordinates and schedules all Complete Physical Exams (CPX) with the Family Nurse Practitioner and/or medical staff at the SRMHS Health Clinic.
- On-call status: responsible for Medical Triage services after business hours and on the weekends on a rotating basis with other Health Service RN’s.
- Schedules and manages the daily medically-related activities of all clients and documents appropriately.
- Completes inventory of all outdated over-the-counter medications, checks the First Aid Kit and AED machine monthly for restocking and ordering of batteries and assures adequacy of medications, supplies and equipment.
- Provides transportation and medical case management for all medical appointments.
- Assures adequate staff training on working with self-administration of medication and the Medical Administration Records (MARS). Reviews the MARS for any medication errors.
- Provides educational lectures on Public Health topics such as diabetes, HIV, Hepatitis C, etc.
- Participates in morning meeting and weekly case consultation meetings.
- Responsible for completing education and training related to addiction in general and addiction nursing specifically.
- Represents the Partridge House Inpatient Program in a knowledgeable and professional manner at all times. Performs all duties in an ethical manner and complies with all ethical standards.
- Position may require nursing obligations at the SRMHS medical clinic, and outreach programs.
- Perform any other duties pertaining to nursing care for Partridge House, and its residents.
- Maintains all licensing/credentialing requirements and standards.
- Maintains all confidentiality standards and regulations.
- NYS license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse, in good standing
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Minimum of two (2) years sobriety (if in recovery from addiction).
- Successful candidate must submit to a urine drug screen.
- Native American Preference
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license in accordance with the SRMT Fleet Policy.
- The successful candidate must pass a drug test.
- Criminal Background Check and References Required.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.