Registered Nurse/Patient Service Navigator
Open Until Filled
JOB CODE: 29-1141 Status: $27.29 - $41.03
Exempt: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, Permanent Location: Health Services
Department: Medical Clinic Reports To: Nurse Supervisor
The Registered Nurse/Patient Service Navigator will be responsible for ensuring a care plan is in place helping the patient reach his/her health goals. Will be responsible for coordinating patient care activities for at risk individuals with clinically significant illness. Navigation refers to the assistance offered to health care consumers (patients, survivors, families and caregivers) assisting to chart a course through the healthcare system and overcome any barriers to quality care. The nurse will guide and assist patients and their families move through the complexities of the healthcare systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with the healthcare team to identify any patient with a new significant health diagnosis.
· Act as a liaison between the service providers and advocate for patient.
· Regularly review the patient’s progress toward goals.
· Coordinate with various service providers to ensure the fulfillment of the patient’s needs.
· Knowledgeable about the availability of resources and process to access needed resources. Contact surrounding areas of specialty care to learn of services.
· Assist patients with appointment information (i.e. directions to the appointment, handicapped accessibility, language barriers) to health specialists.
· Transport patients to medical appointments if needed.
· Assist and research the disease for patient education.
· Provide follow-up care and pre-planning for the next appointment.
· Work and report on new patient’s with Clinic Coordinator.
· Will be expected to complete trainings as assigned.
· Participate in establishing the plan of treatment through direct communications with the patient’s medical provider
· Explain the function of the health team members who will implement the plan of treatment to the patient
· Assist patient in determining which services they are eligible for and how to obtain
· Completes Prior Authorizations.
· Assist in any covid testing and vaccine administration clinics as needed.
· Work with hospitals on discharge plans for patients.
· Act as Liaison to Early Learning Center to review Nursing Policies on an annual basis and participate as part of Health Committee
· Works with Community Health Representatives to deliver informal education topics and sessoins
· Performs as Staff Nurse when needed
· Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Registered Nurse from accredited nursing program in the United States, NYS licensure and Two years related experience, 1 year experience in chronic disease case management preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Communication both orally and written, Mohawk language and traditions is preferred, physically able to carry out the duties of the position, and Confidentiality.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The successful candidate must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.