Job Closing: Aug 3, 2018
Division: Health Service, Dental Clinic
Job Code: 29-1021
Salary Range: $138,944.00 to $250,016.00
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
SUMMARY: Examine, diagnose, and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums. May treat diseases of nerve, pulp, and other dental tissues affecting oral hygiene and retention of teeth. May fit dental appliances or provide preventive care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following:
- Responsible for providing direct clinical services.
- Serve on committees as assigned such as Infection Control officer, keep regulatory manuals up to date and co-present clinical and academic educational meetings.
- Assist Chief Dentist with staff scheduling and time keeping duties tracking time and attendance with ADP.
- Provide Dental care (screenings, sealants, ITR/temporaries, fluoride varnish, OHI…) at off site locations such as Head Start, Boys and Girls Club, local schools, Senior Center and home visits at the Health Director request.
- Responsible for developing programs to promote dental health and disease prevention as a public health mandate.
- Performing comprehensive dental exams which shall include:
- Review radiographs (FMS, Panorex, bitewings)
- Review health history at every visit
- Periodontal screening exam with periodontal diagnosis
- Clinical exam of all soft and hard tissues in the oral cavity
- Oral cancer screening
- TMJ screening
- Ortho screening (Under age 20)
- All clinical and radiographic findings will be charted on a treatment plan form.
- Treatment plan will be discussed with the patient prior to starting dental work.
- Will work with an assistant on a daily basis to preform dental procedures.
- Will adhere to universal precautions at all times.
- Will complete progress report for every procedure performed.
- Consult with specialists when appropriate.
- Must maintain appropriate NYS licensing and credentials including attending contained education for such credentials and maintain CPR certification.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- Abide by the Saint Regis Mohawk Health Services Department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Supervisory responsibility is required in the absence of the Supervising Dentist.
- Active, current licensure as a D.M.D/ D.D.S in the State of New York.
- Current BLS certification
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.