Staff Nurse (RN/LPN)
Job Closing: Mar 22, 2019
Division: Health Services, Medical Clinic
Job Code: 29-1141
Salary Range: $49,358.40 to 76,481.60 ($23.73 to 36.77)
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt
The Registered Nurse, under the direction of the Medical Director will collaborate with all members of the health care team to develop and maintain a high quality of nursing care. The Registered Nurse will be accountable for the delivery of patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the value and integrity of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe's Mission Statement
- Comply with Ethics and Compliance Policy; and Customer Care/HIPPA in all patients' interactions
- Demonstrates professional responsibility
- Provide age/diagnostic specific patient care
- Apply job knowledge and critical thinking to patient care
- Use all medical equipment
- Follow medical orders and administer medications in a satisfactory manner
- Follow emergency protocol and ability to follow through effectively with capability to respond to emergency situations as needed
- Provide complete documentation per protocol and effective communication techniques
- Provides education to patients, families, and community
- Balance individual responsibilities with team needs
- Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of Safety and Infection Control Awareness of Performance Improvement and development
- Admit patient to clinic area, obtain pertinent medical history and an initial assessment of patient condition
- Assist Physicians, Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant with all procedures and treatments
- Ability to provide other duties appropriate to the efficient operation of the medical clinic
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and interaction with people within Health Services, must maintain strict confidentiality at ail times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Registered Nurse from an accredited nursing program with a current NY State License or current Licensure in NYS as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurse applicants will be given equal consideration for employment. A Registered Nurse is preferred, but the SRMT reserves the right to hire an LPN over a Registered Nurse. One year hospital-like experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required; knowledge of Mohawk Language and traditions preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience so others will understand. The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.