Te wá tha hón:ni Corporation Callout for Board Director (2)
Job Closing: Oct 9, 2020
The Te wá tha hón:ni Corporation, wholly owned by the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, is federally chartered tribal business corporation under Section 17 of the Indian Reorganization Act. The Corporation is regulated by the Federal Charter of Incorporation and the Board of Directors, composed of six (6) members of Tribal Council and three (3) additional members. The Corporation is a legal entity that protects and provides economic security by:
- Segregating the Tribal governmental assets and liabilities from Tribal business assets and liabilities through its legal structure; and
- Separating the Corporation assets and liabilities from its subsidiary companies, without divesting either the Corporation or the Tribe of privileges and immunities pursuant to legal status under federal and tribal law; and
- Pursuing business endeavors through its subsidiaries, regulated by the Saint Regis Mohawk Limited Liability Company (LLC) Ordinance, ratified through Tribal Council Resolution 2007-32. The current subsidiaries companies of the Corporation are: Mohawk Gaming Enterprises, Mohawk Soy, St. Regis Mohawk Builders, Mohawk Networks, and Akwesasne TV.
The Corporation selects board directors, subject to the final approval by Tribal Council through resolution. The Board of Directors hold monthly meetings, and special meetings as needed. The non-Tribal Council Board Members are compensated $200 monthly meetings, and $100 for special meetings.
In accordance with Section XI of the Charter, candidates do not need to be a member of the SRMT, but must:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- Be committed to Tribal economic development with experience and expertise in related or relevant areas of business;
- Possess good moral character; and
- If successful, submit to drug screening and background check.
For more information, contact Cathy Mitchell, Executive Assistant/Board Liaison at 518-358-2272 ext. 2167. Please submit letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com or by mail/in person to:
Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe ATTN: Cathy Mitchell 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way Akwesasne, NY 13655
CLOSING DATE: October 9, 2020