Travel Office Coordinator
Job Closing: Oct 5, 2022
Job Code: 43-1011 Status: Full - Time
Exempt: Non-Exempt Location: Akwesasne Business Center
Department: Economic Development Reports To: Akwesasne Travel Manager
Summary: Under the direction of the (Akwesasne Travel Manager), the Travel Office Coordinator will provide aid in all aspects of Akwesasne Travel operations, including operational support to the Akwesasne Travel team. They will also act as liaison; between Akwesasne Travel operations, tour partners and visitors. Maintaining tour inquiries, scheduling; bookings, and provide administrative support to ongoing operations. Travel Office Coordinator will aid all areas of Akwesasne Travel where needed; including new tour supplier training cycle, content capture for social/web posting, community engagement, tour testing and familiarization tour - coordination and execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the Akwesasne Travel Manager and team in daily operations.
- Answer and respond to tour and partner inquiries via phone, email, and social direct messages in a timely manner.
- Follow Tour Operations checklist; itinerary creation, visitor communication, partner communication, scheduling, invoicing and administration of the tour as needed.
- Responsible for administrative support; clerical work, record keeping, processing invoices, creation and submission of purchase orders, check requests, invoices, time sheets, faxes and documents for signature etc.
- Coordinating schedules between Akwesasne Travel team, tour suppliers/partners and visitors/clients.
- Recording and distributing meeting minutes and action items.
- Keeping Akwesasne Travel team calendars; training, travel, stakeholder meetings, etc.
- Scheduling community engagement activities; CKON radio shows, Indian Time Newspaper, occasionally posting on Akwesasne Travel social media pages, coordinating in-person events, etc.
- Provide aid in other areas of tourism activities and initiatives.
- Assist with tour development training; recruitment, scheduling, reviewing articles and participating in testing.
- Provides excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Serves as a representative of Akwesasne Travel, and supports Akwesasne tourism initiatives.
- Willing to travel for trainings, conferences, presentations and trade shows.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position holds no supervisory responsibility.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personnel files maintained within Human Resources, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree (A.S.) from two - year College or University
in Business Administration, Service & Hospitality, Human Resources, or related field and 1 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional certification in Hospitality, Tourism & Service Industry is an asset. Upon hire, must work toward and obtain both, or equivalent certifications.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. ADP training is an asset but not required. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.