The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe is one of the North Country’s leading economic engines.
- The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe and our gaming enterprises employ more than 1,600 people, making us one of the largest employers in the North Country.
- Our total annual payroll is $52 million.
- Our employees circulate those dollars back into the local economy.
- More than 65% of our employees reside in Franklin County, and 33% of our employees reside in St. Lawrence County.
- The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has been proud to partner with 244 vendors from Franklin County and 281 vendors from St. Lawrence County, supporting hundreds of local jobs.
- The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort attracts more than 1.3 million visitors to the area each year.
- Our casino revenue sharing agreement under our gaming compact has delivered more than $86 million to New York State since 2005, a portion of which is returned to the local communities.
- The Tribe resumed revenue share payments as of May 19, 2013 and remains committed to making these payments in the future.
In addition to our direct employment and local business partnerships, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has invested more than $100 million in planning, infrastructure, and other construction projects over the past three years, creating hundreds of construction jobs. The benefits of these investments extend far beyond our boundaries.
Recent investments include:
|Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort expansion||$74.9 million|
|Diabetes Center For Excellence||$3.6 million|
|Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Broadband Initiative||$10 million|
|Akwesasne Housing Authority Senior Housing||$7.5 million|
|Drum Street Road Reconstruction||$1.7 million|
|Sewer and Water Infrastructure Improvements||$3.2 million|
New fire truck and equipment
|New Administration Building||$15.5 million|
|New Construction Building||$2.6 million|
|Waterline Replacement Project||$1.6 million|
|Akwesasne Boys & Girls Club||$3.5 million|
|Health Services Expansion Project||Ongoing|
|Business Park Road Expansion Project||Ongoing|