Tribal Heating Assistance Applications Available Until December 23rd
Nov 30, 2017
AKWESASNE – The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has authorized an allotment of funds to provide heating assistance to tribal members who complete the 2018 application process. The vendor/dealer’s approval list shall be approved for January 02, 2018 to eligible households residing within the Tribe’s designated service area for the southern portion of Akwesasne.
For tribal members to be eligible for the heating assistance they must;
1) Provide SRMT Tribal Identification Card
2) Reside within the SRMT jurisdiction or the designated 15-mile radius of the SRMT
3) The Member applicant must be the individual on the account with the approved SRMT vendor/dealer.
4) Two (2) verifications of residency
(1) electric supplier and
(2) heating supplier invoice or rental agreement/receipt for renters
5) Provide heating supplier account number or account information
Eligible Tribal members 60 years of age and up are eligible for up to $1000.00 dollars.
Eligible Tribal members less than 60 years of age are eligible for up to $600.00 dollars.
Applications may be completed at the Compliance Department located in the Community Building at 412 State Route 37 in Akwesasne, NY from 8:00am to 5:00 pm on Friday, December 01st until Friday, December 22nd; and from 10:00am to 2:00pm on the following Saturday’s: December 02, 09, 16, and 23.
Tribal heating assistance has evolved into a necessity for many community members over the years and the number of households helped continues to increase. It is funded through the SRMT Community Partnership Fund that is supported by participating businesses of the Akwesasne Convenience Store Association and the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort.
For any questions, you may contact the SRMT Compliance Department at (518) 358-2272.