WIC (Women, Infants and Children)
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children offers:
- Nutrition Education
- Breastfeeding Support
- Nutritious Foods
To qualify for WIC, you must:
- a pregnant woman;
- an infant or child up to five years old;
- a mother of a baby up to six months old; or
- a breastfeeding mother of a baby up to 12 months old.
2. Be a resident of New York State, but you do not need to be a U.S. citizen
3. Meet the income eligibility guidelines or receive benefits from food stamps, Medicaid or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
4. Be assessed by a WIC health care professional.For more information about WIC