The Mohawk are traditionally the keepers of the Eastern Door of the Iroquois Confederacy, also known as the Six Nations Confederacy or the Haudenosaunee Confederacy.
About the Tribe
Ska’tne ionkwaio’te ón:wa wenhniserá:te ne sén:ha aioianerénhake ne enióhrhen’ne
Working Together Today to Build a Better Tomorrow
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council is the duly elected and recognized government of the Mohawk people. Both New York State and the United States deal exclusively with the Tribal Council Chiefs in a government-to-government relationship.
- Accountable government & professional organization that benefits the community
- Building the path through which community development can be fully realized now and in the future
- Exercising tribal sovereignty and all the tools of government
- Developing its capacity as a service delivery organization
- Engaging in collaborative partnerships that expand its impact
A healthy and prosperous Mohawk environment where every member has the opportunity to succeed at home and in the global community.
- Strengthening Mohawk Culture and Identity
- Advocating Rights
- Sustaining Opportunity
- Pursuing Continuous Improvement
- Being Respectful
- Being Proactive
- Embracing Diversity
- Enhancing the effectiveness of Tribal Government
- Continuing to develop the Tribe as a professional program & service delivery organization
- Planning program and service growth on our own terms
- Supporting a sustainable revenue generation capacity
- Engaging in collaborative community development