Job Closing: Mar 2, 2018
Division: Health Services, Dental Clinic
Job Code: 29-1071
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Provide and maintain a smooth running dental office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a pleasant and courteous attitude at all times. He/she may be the first person with whom the patient speaks, and must be compassionate, understanding and respectful.
- He or she will manage scheduling for the dental department, referrals and manage laboratory cases
- Scheduling patient appointments. Confirming patient appointments 24 hours in advance. When confirming patients, if pre-med is needed, ensure prescriptions are filled and dispensed.
- Check dental mailbox daily
- Set goals for increasing quality and care of patients
- Obtain current health history annually
- Clerical duties, typing, filing, etc.
- Maintain reception area and waiting room
- Confirm all lab cases are in the day before the patient arrives
- Use teamwork to help the other employees do their jobs more efficiently
- Log broken appointments into the computer daily
- Assist the RDHH/Dentist with health fair planning, set up and presentations as assigned by the Dental Program Manager
- Responsible for office duties such as monitoring inventory and maintaining a needed supply list; ordering new supplies with approval by the Chief Dental Officer
- Maintain strict confidentiality
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer experience
- Prior experience as a dental receptionist and/or dental assistant preferred
- CPR/BLS certification preferred but can be obtained if selected for the position
- Knowledge of dental terminology preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information, individual must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or equivalent; prior experience an asset
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills an asset
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.