Tribe to Provide Heating Assistance for Tribal Members
Nov 17, 2015
Eligible Households Must Complete Application Prior to December 24, 2015
Akwesasne, NY – The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe has authorized an allotment of heating assistance funds to help tribal members heat their homes during the upcoming winter season. The Heating Assistance Program will be allocated on January 4, 2016 to eligible households residing within the Tribe’s designated service area who have completed an application.
To be eligible for this year’s Heating Assistance Program, tribal members must:
- Provide their current tribal identification card
- Reside within the designated 15-mile radius of the SRMT
- Be the individual responsible for the payment of the household’s heating source account with a tribally-licensed home heating dealer or vendor
- Provide two proofs of residency; one must be electric supplier and any other bill
- Provide the household’s heating account information
Tribal members aged 60 years and older are eligible for up to $1000.00.
Tribal members under 60 years of age are eligible for up to $600.00.
Applications may be completed at the Compliance Department located in the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Administration Building from Monday Kentenhkó:wa/ November 23, 2015 until Thursday Tsiothóhrha/ December 24, 2015 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Should individual tribal members have any questions, they may contact the SRMT Compliance Department at (518) 358–2272.
# # # #
Please direct media inquiries to the Communications Department at 518-358-2272.