Family Support Program Implements Screening Process
Mar 10, 2020
AKWESASNE — Out of an abundance of caution, the SRMT Family Support Program, under the advice of the NYS Office of People with Developmental Disabilities, is implementing a pre-screening process in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This applies to any individual not directly involved in providing care in our IRA Facilities, Supportive Apartments and the Family Support Program Building; such as family members, care managers, advocates, and tribal staff not directly employed by the Family Support Program. This is solely a preventive measure and we are asking for your cooperation by calling the location in advance to answer the following questions:
- Have you traveled to a country for which the CDC has issued a Level 2 or 3 travel designation within the last 14 days?; (South Korea, Iran, Italy, China and Japan)
- To your knowledge, have you had contact with any Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, OR with anyone with known COVID-19?; and
- Do you have any symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath)?
If an individual arrives at one of the Family Support facilities without calling ahead, they will still be required to answer the questions before entering.
The contact numbers for the locations are:
- Connors Road IRA – (518) 358-4345
- Pyke Road IRA – (518) 358-2421
- Frogtown Road IRA – (518) 358-2646
- Supportive Apartments – (518) 333-0377
- Family Support Building – (518) 358-9481
Any questions or concerns regarding this temporary safeguard can be directed to Doug Hamilton, Family Support Program Manager, at (518) 358-9481 Ext. 4501.
To help ensure the ongoing safety of the community, it is recommended that any individual experiencing an illness to please stay home until there are no symptoms for at least 24 hours. If you have an appointment or meeting scheduled, please contact your service provider in advance to discuss rescheduling.
For matters involving the Tribal Court, please call (518) 358-6300 to discuss possible postponement of a case.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council is the duly elected and federally recognized government of the Saint Regis Mohawk People.