12152020 Srmt Covid 19 Cases Dashboard
12152020 Srmt Covid 19 Cases Dashboard

SRMT Reports Zero Active Cases of COVID-19

Dec 15, 2020

AKWESASNE — The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Emergency Operations Center is reporting no new active cases of COVID-19 under the Tribe’s jurisdiction and seven (7) relatives in quarantine from contact tracing. There are no hospitalizations and all active cases that were reported last week have resolved.

The EOC expresses appreciation to community members for remaining vigilant and following all safety measures that are continuing to be recommended; particularly wearing a mask, washing hands often, social distancing, and avoiding uncontrolled gatherings. Your consideration for family and friends has helped prevent cases from Thanksgiving. Niawen/Thank you.

The Tribe has surpassed 5,000 COVID-19 tests this week, with 5,051 COVID-19 tests conducted by the Tribe’s Health Services and its mass testing providers: Mountain Medical Urgent Care in Massena and Malone and the Massena Hospital. This includes clinic testing and the community drive-thru testing clinics conducted at the former-IGA Building.

FREE COVID-19 Drive-Thru Test Clinic resumes at the former-IGA Building tomorrow on December 16th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or until tests are gone. The drive-thru test collection is available for all Akwesasne residents and non-member employees of local businesses and schools. Individuals are encouraged to get tested or retested to help prevent community spread.

Community members and Akwesasne employees may also schedule an individual appointment to receive a FREE COVID-19 Test by contacting Mountain Medical Urgent Care in Malone at (518) 521-3322 or Mountain Medical Urgent Care in Massena at (315) 705-0700. Individuals must call ahead to schedule an appointment. Please bring the appropriate identification.

The COVID-19 testing is a shared expense from the Tribe’s partnership with FEMA, which assists with 75 percent of the testing costs. The remaining 25 percent is from the Tribe’s CARES Act funds and Health Service’s IHS CARES funds. The FEMA funds last until January 21, 2021; while the IHS Cares funds extend to September 30, 2021. This will allow additional testing to be conducted in the coming year.

For anyone seeking to obtain their COVID-19 results for a test conducted by Health Services or its mass testing providers, the tribal clinic has activated a new direct line at (518) 333-0230.

If you have a non-medical emergency matter, please call the Tribe’s Emergency Operations Center at (518) 320-0019. If you require emergency food supplies or other essential items, please contact the Family Advocate’s Office at (518) 358-3021.

For a listing of other tribal services and programs that are here to help you, please visit the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s website at www.srmt-nsn.gov or our Facebook page.