Emergency Food Distribution Reminders
Nov 23, 2021
AKWESASNE -- The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe (SRMT) is kindly asking community members who plan to attend today’s Emergency Food Distribution at the former-IGA Building to please keep the following reminders in mind:
- Distribution begins at 12:00 p.m. (noon) and will last until 6:00 p.m., or while supplies last,
- The food giveaway is for community members, so please bring your tribal identification card or other form of identification,
- Individuals may pick up food items for other people, but must have that person’s tribal identification,
- All traffic must use IGA’s main entrance at the traffic light,
- Please do not block the fire department’s driveway,
- Wear a mask and remain in your vehicles at all times,
- Place boxes, bags, or other containers in your vehicle’s trunk,
- There will be no substitutions, so please take what is provided,
- And, please be patient and kind to our tribal staff and community volunteers.
A special Niawenko:wa/Thank you very much to the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort, SRMT Office of the Family Advocate, Social Services Division, Community and Family Services Division, Tribal Police Department, Finance, Executive Director’s Office, Office of Emergency Management and Safety, and other Tribal Staff and volunteers for making this food distribution possible for the Akwesasne community.
For anyone who is unable to attend the food giveaway and needs essential food items, please contact the SRMT Family Advocate’s Office at (518) 358-3021.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council is the duly elected and federally recognized government of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe.