Open Until Filled
Division: Health Services, Partridge House
Job Code: 21-1093
Salary Range: $24,835.20 to 40,456.00 ($11.94 to 19.45)
Status: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
General Description of Position:
Work collaboratively with all staff to ensure a safe, supportive, and trauma-informed environment. Responsible for monitoring activities, transporting residents to outside activities, and providing programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know and understand all house policies, rules and operating procedures of the Partridge House Inpatient Program relating to resident care and report any violations of any of these to his/her supervisor or a Clinical Staff Member (Counselor, Program Coordinator or Clinical Director), as soon as possible.
- Maintain all confidentiality standards and regulations (e.g. federal, state, and tribal).
- Monitors all the activities and status of all residents, assuring an environment that is supportive and safe.
- Ensure that rounds of the entire building are completed as scheduled, including visual checks of all clients.
- Completes all documentation (e.g. Daily Log, Behavioral Notes) in a timely and concise manner.
- Monitors visitors to the Program (e.g. Family Education, Fellowship meetings). Denies admittance to anyone under the influence of alcohol/other drugs. Asks any disruptive person to leave the premises.
- Transport residents to outside activities. Provide support/encouragement to residents while on outings.
- Supervises and logs in medications taken by residents.
- Assists with alcohol and other drug detection activities (e.g. Breathalyzer, Urine Drug Screen).
- Answers the telephone and logs all calls made by and received for residents.
- Other duties as assigned by the Evening/Night Shift Supervisor, Program Coordinator, or Clinical Director.
- Perform all duties in an ethical manner and comply with all ethical standards of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe.
- Report any conflict that interferes with the welfare of a resident or causes them to feel unsafe.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work evening, nights, weekends, and holidays. Flexible schedule a must.
- Knowledge of addiction treatment settings and an understanding of 12 Step support programs are assets.
- Good reading, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years of sobriety (if a recovering person).
- CPR/First Aid Certified (or willing to be certified within the first three months of work).
- Pass a medical screening, have a negative PPD, and a current flu shot.
- Must be able to assist in an emergency situation.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.