Community Partnership Fund
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council (SRMT) with the assistance of the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino (AMC) and Mohawk Bingo Palace (MBP) has established a fund that will provide assistance to non-profit organizations or Tribal members. Applicants are considered on a first come, first served basis, as funds are available.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Community Partnership Fund Review Committee consists of representatives from the SRMT, MBP and AMC. The Committee meets the third Tuesday of every month to review applications. All decisions of the committee are final and not subject to appeal.
A request for assistance can be made to the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Community Partnership Fund (SRMTCPF) by picking up and returning an application at the Community Building. All requests must be on the application form or it won’t be considered.
This fund is not an entitlement. All applications will be screened and vetted by the SRMTCPF committee. If information is missing and back-up materials not provided, your application will be denied.
CRITERIA FOR ASSISTANCE
Assistance may be provided to the community non-profit organizations, athletic associations, individual teams and community events. Assistance may also be provided to individual community members.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Community Partnership Fund will consider contribution requests from local non- profit organizations and/or community members that meet the following criteria:
- An enrolled member of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, Mohawk Council of Akwesasne or the Mohawk Nation
- Requests must promote Akwesasne community development; physical, mental or spiritual health and wellness, education or Mohawk culture.
- Applicants must at all times act as good ambassadors of the community of Akwesasne.
- Priority will be given to applications that most demonstrate benefit to the Akwesasne community.
- Priority for group or individual applications will be given to groups or individuals operating in, or residing in Akwesasne.
- The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Good Standing Policy shall apply to applicants for the Community Partnership Fund which means that applicants not in good standing (i.e. have outstanding amounts owing to the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe) will not be considered by the committee. Applicants are encouraged to ensure that any debts owed to any Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Department or program by their group or organization have been paid prior to submitting their application.
- Applications on behalf of an individual will not normally be considered for funding. However, the review team may consider proposals for or on behalf of an individual institution where there is extenuating, exceptional, or special circumstances or needs.
- Complete the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Community Partnership Fund application form.
- Letter of request must be received at least three weeks in advance of an event or print advertisement.
- Individuals and groups are eligible for assistance only once in a rolling 12-month period, should they meet the defined criteria.
- Applicants must include a detailed budget including:
- Event registration fees
- Travel costs-hotel, airfare, mileage, meals, etc.
- Equipment and supplies costs
- Other fundraising activities and funding sources
- The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Community Partnership Fund committee reserves the right to request additional information regarding your proposal. Applicants will be notified by phone or in writing of the final decision.
The SRMTCPF will provide a contribution of $1,000 per family for funeral expenses. Eligibility requirements for funeral donations can be obtained from the SRMT Executive Director's Office.
Annual set asides have been earmarked for established minor sports organizations, elder’s events, and community events. New applications for sports organizations or community events can be submitted at any time for consideration in the following calendar year. Priority will be given to organizations and events serving a greater percentage of Mohawk youth and community members. Groups must apply for their annual monies each year. Groups that fail to re-apply for their annual set aside in two consecutive years will be removed from the budget for the next calendar year.
*Individual teams within a sports organization, or schools that receive annual set-aside will not be eligible for the $500 allotment for individual teams, or for specific requests for uniforms,equipment, etc.
Personal hardship applications will not be entertained by the SRMTCPF committee. Such requests must be made to the Community Hardship Fund. The Community Hardship Fund is administered by the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Division of Social Services. Please contact them at (518) 358-2728 for information regarding the Community Hardship Fund and their eligibility criteria.
- Personal Hardships
- Beauty Pageants
- Work travel expenses
- Lost work hours- regardless of reason
- Professional sponsorships (ex. race cars)
- Adult sports teams or leagues. Inclusive of pool, bowling, or darts.
Recipients are required to fulfill the following:
- All recipients must provide a written report to the SRMTCPF committee before a check will be issued for the following year. Report must list how the funds were utilized, a description of the event (or season results), how many Mohawk children and adults were helped, and a minimum of three high-resolution images that can be used for marketing purposes by the SRMTCPF and/or the SRMT.
- Community Service Verification Form must be submitted within one year from receiving funds. Failure to provide Community Service Verification may result in non-approval of application.
- Responsibly represent the Akwesasne community at all times.
- Recipients from the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Community Partnership Fund may be listed in the local newspapers or in the Tribal monthly newsletter.
- All Applications must have at least two (2) contacts listed, with all required contact information.
- The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Community Partnership Fund must be listed in any public acknowledgments to funders of the various events.
Inquires about the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Community Partnership Fund should be made to:
Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Community Partnership Fund
412 State Route 37, Akwesasne, NY 13655
(518)358-2272 ext. 2294