Child Support Enforcement Unit
Kaksá:ta Tehonwatihshwanétas tanon
Ionkwakiohkwaró:ron Tribal Administration Building
Phone: (518) 358-2272
Mission: To improve the well-being of children and families by promoting the emotional and financial responsibility between parents and children.
SRMT Child Support Enforcement Unit became the first comprehensive Tribal IV-D program in New York State and all of Region II in April 2014. Special recognition was given from Regional Administrator Joyce Thomas and the Commissioner of the US Department of Health and Human Services Vicki Turetsky for this accomplishment. The SRMT Child Support Enforcement Unit can assist with location of persons responsible for child support, establishment of paternity, establishment of court orders for support, enforcement of court orders and modification of child support orders. Services are available to all parents or children who are eligible for tribal membership regardless of residency. SRMT Child Support Enforcement Unit cannot provide legal advice nor assist with custody or divorce action.
What can the SRMT Child Support Enforcement Unit do different?
- SRMT does not charge interest on arrears. (Arrears accrued prior to case transfer are still owed).
- SRMT does not charge an annual receipt and disbursement fee.
- SRMT case managers have smaller caseloads than state case managers.
- SRMT reviews child support cases every 2 years and not every 3 years as the states.
- SRMT can offer families the option of child support including non-cash payments or in-kind support (if agreed upon by both parties)
- SRMT encourages parents to participate in mediation in effort to eliminate court appearances when appropriate.
Child Support Services Application (pdf)
SRMT Family Support Act TCR2019 - 49 (October 9, 2019 - pdf)
Answer to Petition for Paternity Establishment (pdf)
Answer to Petition for Establishment of Child Support Order (pdf)
Petition for Child Support (pdf)
Child Support Enforcement Unit Summons (pdf)
Paternity Establishment Petition (pdf)
Petition to Vacate Acknowledgement of Paternity (pdf)
Petition for Registration and Enforcement of a Foreign Child (pdf)
Modification Request Form (pdf)
Non-Custodial Earned Income Tax Credit
New York State Child Support website