Health Services Building
Weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Mission: This program emphasizes action-oriented planning and implementation processes to achieve the optimum level of quality, and best business practices and to optimize reimbursement of revenues from Medicare, Medicaid, state and federal grants, and private insurance.
The Business Office activities include, but not limited to:
- Providing patient registration functions for services, the business operations are extremely dependent on the collection of accurate patient demographic, eligibility, insurance data, and completion of applicable forms by registration staff.
- Processing claims, following up on outstanding accounts, and pursuing collections.
- Updating the IHS, Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) and its various business office applications with accurate and timely data.Providing trained individuals to assist patients in obtaining alternate resources when regular insurance is not available.
- Health Information management is responsible for assuring that detailed documentation is present for each outpatient visit to substantiate any inquiry from the insurer to include random audits by either Medicare or Medicaid.
- Ensuring that health information is protected by following the Privacy rules and HIPAA regulations.
- To provide timely and accurate referrals to outside contract providers for eligible tribal members.
- Ensuring eligibility requirements are met prior to receiving direct and contract health services; to receive services the person must be a member of a Federally Recognized Tribe, reside on reservation or within Franklin or St. Lawrence County and receive their care at our health facility.