The SRMT Records Management Department is the official repository for Tribal Records and archives materials related to Tribal operations. Its purpose is to:
- Collect, preserve, protect and make reasonably available Tribal records.
- To provide adequate and appropriate conditions for the storage, protection, and preservation of records.
- To maintain and dispose of records in a manner that protects any sensitive, proprietary or confidential information or individual privacy rights, and helps conserve natural resources.
- To keep alive the heritage of our culture, faith, and traditions by preserving those historical records having sufficient continuing value to warrant their permanent retention.
- To provide regular reference services to the Tribal government, individuals, organizations, or to other groups interested in the activities and holdings of the Tribal records building.