420 State Route 37, Akwesasne
Weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Family Support Program provides assistance, care, and support to individuals with Developmental Disabilities encouraging self-determination, independence where possible, quality of life, and participation as vital and contributing members of the Akwesasne Mohawk Territory.
The Program helps families who are caring at home for a relative with a developmental disability by providing aid to the caregiver, enhancing family stability and preserving family unity. Family Support Services (FSS) can provide families with:
- Someone to call for support
- Information about OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities
- Someone to explain the benefits the individual with developmental disabilities is entitled to
- Help arranging health care, education and recreational opportunities
- Referrals for counseling and training to enhance family stability and to help families plan for the future
- Help caring for a family member with a developmental disability
- Reimbursement for purchase of disability–related goods and services and Respite services