Please select your download.
Please contact the Education Division offices for more information.
71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way
Akwesasne, NY 13655
This application is for all services under the Tribal Learning Assistance Program (a component of P.L. 102-477) of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Education Division. This is the starting point for signing up for:
- Child Care Services
- Youth Services
- Higher Education
- Employment and Training Services
This application helps us determine how to serve you and/or your child(ren). The information you provide is confidential. However, failure to complete all sections may result in delays of processing or make it impossible to process at all. Your application will follow you through each service, so long as you keep your file active.
In order to be eligible for services, you must provide documentation listed on page 3 of the application. Also, note you will have to provide additional documents for the service you are requesting. See the forms below for the service or services you are requesting.
Once you have completed the application and handed in required documentation, our staff will be in contact with you to determine your service eligibility.
- Expectant parents have the option of enrolling into Child Care Services before baby-to-be is born. Expectant mothers must complete the application in their name.
- For parents requesting Youth Services, fill out the application as it applies to your child.
Application Instructions (only one application is needed, per person, to cover all services):
- Complete the entire application;
- Hand in or send your application and required documents to the Intake Coordinator; and
- Schedule a meeting with a Case Manager to complete your Basic Needs Assessment and Individual Success Plan.
If you have completed the application process in the last year, please contact our Intake Coordinator at 518-358-9721. We will review your file and determine what next steps are.
Specific Service Forms (Click to download):
Many child care options are available through the Early Learning Center. Types of services include: center care, family care, group care, in-home care and relative care. Financial assistance is available through the subsidy service. This service is income based and supporting documentation must be submitted to determine eligibility.
Youth Services provides a variety of unique programs to our students within Akwesasne. It is divided into four components:
- Corrective Studies offers remedial assistance in academic study;
- Education Enrichment encourages diverse interests with instrument loans, workshops, honor roll incentives, college visits and AISES;
- Physical Education teaches teamwork, sportsmanship and promotes self-confidence; and
- Summer Youth Program provides educational, fun and leisure activities during July and August.
See our Youth Services page for more details.
The Higher Education Program offers financial aid assistance to enrolled members of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe. Students must be pursuing their undergraduate or graduate degree. In addition to funding, the Program provides assistance in the application process (admission, financial aid or scholarship), pre-college workshops, FAFSA assistance and financial aid counsel.
The Education, Employment and Training services are designed to help Tribal members achieve their goal of self-sufficiency. If you are unemployed, underemployed or looking for employment, then we may be able to assist you. It is our goal to encourage our clients to develop their knowledge and skills to help them become gainfully employed.
If you have questions or concerns, contact us at 518-358-9721 or e-mail email@example.com.