Open Until Filled
Job Code: 21-1093
Salary: $15.02 - $21.71
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Location: Partridge House
Department: HS-ACDP-Inpatient Program
Reports to: Resident Aide Supervisor
Summary: Reporting to the Resident Aide Supervisor, the Resident Aide will work collaboratively with other staff to ensure a safe, supportive, and trauma-informed environment. Responsible for monitoring activities, transporting residents to outside activities, and providing programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Perform all listed duties in an ethical manner and comply with all ethical standards of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe.
- Know and understand all house policies, rules and operating procedures of the Partridge House Inpatient Program relating to resident care and report any violations of any of these to his/her supervisor or a Clinical Staff Member (Counselor, Program Coordinator or Clinical Director), as soon as possible.
- Maintain all confidentiality standards and regulations (e.g. federal, state, and tribal).
- Monitors all the activities and status of all residents, assuring an environment that is supportive and safe.
- Ensure that rounds of the entire building are completed as scheduled, including visual checks of all clients.
- Completes all documentation (e.g. Daily Log, Behavioral Notes) in a timely and concise manner.
- Monitors visitors to the Program (e.g. Family Education, Fellowship meetings). Denies admittance to anyone under the influence of alcohol/other drugs. Asks any disruptive person to leave the premises.
- Transport residents to outside activities. Provide support/encouragement to residents while on outings.
- Supervises and logs in medications taken by residents.
- Assists with alcohol and other drug detection activities (e.g. Breathalyzer, Urine Drug Screen).
- Answers the telephone and logs all calls made by and received for residents.
- Report any conflict that interferes with the welfare of a resident or causes them to feel unsafe.
- Other duties as assigned by the Evening/Night Shift Supervisor, Inpatient Coordinator, or Clinical Director.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information obtained, must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education And/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of addiction treatment settings and an understanding of 12 Step support programs are assets.
- Minimum of two (2) years of sobriety (if a recovering person).
- CPR/First Aid Certified (or willing to be certified within the first three months of work).
Other Skills and Abilities: Good oral and written communication skills required. Ability to work evening, nights, weekends, and holidays. Flexible schedule a must.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, and supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses). Applicants that are eligible for native preference must include Tribal Identification Card, Status Card or letter to be eligible for Native Preference. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as a PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
All positions require the successful candidate to pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes. Depending on the position there maybe multiple background checks.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used for Emergency Hire individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
EMPLOYEE COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Effective July 3, 2023, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe no longer requires the COVID-19 Vaccination for any positions within the organization, to include Health Services.