Restrictions on Fish and Wildlife Consumption (BUI #1)
In order to remove the impairment, the following removal criteria must be met:
- Restrictions on fish and wildlife consumption in the AOC due to watershed or in-place contaminants are absent. No public health advisories are in effect for human consumption that are due to watershed or AOC specific sources; AND
- Contaminant levels created by anthropogenic chemicals due to watershed or in-place contaminants do not exceed current standards, objectives, or guidelines in resident fish and wildlife; AND
- Any remaining restrictions on fish and wildlife consumption are due to upstream or downstream sources that are addressed by other management plans such as Lakewide Management Plans (LaMPs).
Additional removal criteria based upon the impairments to local Mohawk culture and traditions are being finalized and will be added after appropriate approvals and endorsements.
This BUI is also designated as impaired by the SLR AOC at Cornwall/Akwesasne.
- 2015 Turtle Status Field Report - Habitat, Populations, Reproduction and Contaminant Assessment - SLR AOC at Massena/ Akwesasne
- 2013 Turtle Interim Status Report - Secondary Review - SLR AOC at Massena/Akwesasne
- Turtle Habitat, Populations, Reproduction and Contaminants QAPP - SLR AOC at Massena/ Akwesasne