Hope 4 The Wounded
Regaining Consciousness in Education
New York Power Authority Trip
New York Power Authority Trip 2017
PLAN AHEAD FOR COLLEGE: LIST OF FINANCIAL AID, GRANTS, SCHOLARSHIPS, & APPLICATIONS
- Applying for College: Common Application, Apply to SUNY Application Complete all required and supplemental application materials by April 15th. (Check deadlines for each school)
- FALL 2021 Semester – FAFSA (PELL & other Federal Grants & Loans) 2021-2022 (Use 2019 tax return) (Application Opens October 1, every year & deadline is June 30th) Start early to qualify for more federal grants/ scholarships. FAFSA Login
- HESC (TAP) 2021-2022 (2019 tax return) NYS HESC (Deadline June 30th) Tuition Assistance Program NYS TAP This link explains how a student is deemed eligible to receive TAP/PELL as it should roll over from completing their FAFSA.
- Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe TLAP Scholarship Higher Education (DEADLINES: FALL: July 15/ SPRING: December 31) Fund Associates, Bachelor’s, Master’s & Doctoral. RETURNING STUDENTS – Contact the Intake Coordinator to update your account/file. Submit Higher Education Profile Sheet, last semester grades, & next semester schedule to email: email@example.com. NEW STUDENTS - TLAP Application is an intake process with the Intake Coordinator to establish eligibility, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518)-358-9721 x2275 to get started. You will then be referred to Higher Education to finalize your application. See SRMT Education Division application, profile forms, & required supporting documents. SRMT Training Services – Looking for training for trades, certification, or licensure, apply for training at least 1 month in advance, TLAP Intake process with the Intake Coordinator to establish eligibility, e-mail email@example.com or call (518)-358-9721 x2275 to get started.
- Educational Trust Scholarship (DEADLINES: FALL: July 15/ SPRING: December 31) Submit to SRMT Higher Education – students born & raised in Akwesasne, attending a U.S. college/ university, full-time, undergraduate student. Must maintain GPA of 2.5 & above to qualify. RETURNING STUDENTS – Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org the Educational Trust Application, last semester grades, and next semester schedule. NEW STUDENTS – submit by email to email@example.com or call (518)-358-9721. See https://www.srmt-nsn.gov/education/forms application and profile forms.
- NYS Native American Aid – Students attending College/ University in New York State, Undergraduate, & New Student Applications (New Student) and Request Form (Returning Student) Native American Education Unit website: NYS Indian Aid Students must submit all completed applications, request forms, and supporting documents by Friday July 16th, 2021. There will be no extensions. NO SNAPSHOTS OF INFORMATION WILL BE ACCEPTED. FMI: Clarissa Jacobs-Roraback, Native American Education Coordinator, Room 1075 EBA, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, N.Y. 12234. Tel: 518-474-0537 Desk# 518-473-1381 Work Cell # 518-331-6379. Fax#518-474-3666. Clarissa.Jacobs-Roraback@nysed.gov
- Franklin County Treasurer – Certificate of Residency (NYS Community College students who reside in Franklin County & are going to school outside their county). Apply yearly for tuition assistance – only community college students qualify for this) Franklin County Application
AKWESASNE RESOURCES FOR FUNDING (U.S.)
- Akwesasne Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE) Funding for College for Akwesasne Mohawks of Akwesasne enrolled members. Returning/ Continuing Deadline: June 4th, 2021, New Student Deadline: July 9, 2021 (Check website for updates/changes, & applications) AMBE Post Secondary Program FMI: Call - (613)-575-2754, Fax: (613)-575-1478, Located at Iohahiio, SNYE, QC.
- Akwesasne Career & Employment Support Services (ACESS): Call (613)-575-2626, Website: Programs & Services | ACESS | Akwesasne CA (acessjobs.ca) Post-Secondary Support (PSS) To assist with funding for post-secondary students. All participants are required to apply to other sources (AMBE & SRMT Higher Education) prior to approaching ACESS. FMI: see Client Eligibility under Post-Secondary (College/University). NOTE: Reminder for Post-Secondary Students >>> Community members may be eligible for PSS program assistance if they are in:
- - 1-year college certificate program, the second half of a 2- or 3-year college diploma program,
- - 2nd year (or later) of a University program*, or
- - graduate or professional degree program. *policy change - for this year - due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Akwesasne Employment Resource Center (AERC) Looking for jobs, training, help with cover letter, resumes, interview skill building, & work placements?? FMI: Phone: (518)-358-3047/ Fax: (518)-358-1502, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, Located at 18 Eagle Drive Akwesasne, NY 13655. Call to schedule appointments.
- NATIVE AMERICAN WESTERN CONSORTIUM – Financial Aid Directory 2020 Financial Aid Directory
- Cobell Scholarship - https://cobellscholar.org/ - (Natives Federally Recognized) create account online and compete for funding (Up to $2500 Undergrad/ up to $5000 Graduate students)
- American Indian Graduate Center (AIGCS) Graduate students Apply online https://www.aigcs.org/ Look for different scholarships on the links.
- Fast Web: https://www.fastweb.com/ Create an account and they match you with scholarships you can compete for.
- Student Aid: https://studentaid.gov/ loans through FAFSA, they also have other links on this page to other opportunities. Opportunities are listed by deadlines, check some for your major, being female, multicultural, Native American, and more scholarships.
Here is a list of deadlines and links for funding for new students.
- Complete all required and supplemental application materials by April 15th. (Applying for college)
- FAFSA June 30th 2021 Fall 2021 semester https://fafsa.ed.gov/spa/fafsa/#/LOGIN?locale=en_US
- TAP/PELL Grants June 30th 2021 https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/apply-for-financial-aid/nys-tap.html#horizontalTab1 this link is just information about how a student is deemed eligible to receive TAP/Pell as it should roll over from completing their FAFSA.
- TLAP &Trust deadlines: FALL - July 15th & SPRING - December 31st (DEADLINES NEVER CHANGE)
- AMBE Deadlines new students only July 10th, 2021 http://www.ambe.ca/our_programs/post-_secondary_program (new location: Iohahiio. Down Snye)
- This is a link on AMBE’s website for other funding sources as well both Canadian and American http://www.ambe.ca/our_programs/post-_secondary_program/additional_funding_resources
- New York State Indian Aid deadlines for fall semester: July 16th, 2021. Spring semester January 4th, 2021 note* only covers schools in New York State) http://www.p12.nysed.gov/natamer/documents/ApplicationforNativeAmericanAid-accessible.pdf
The mission of the Education Division of the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe is to promote, support and respect the culturally-relevant and academic needs of our community members by empowering life-long learners through quality educational learning opportunities and experiences.